Monday 28 May 2012

Creative Development Week28: Marketing Myself

In a previous blogpost i talked about the need for social makreting and recently i have been updating my social network accounts to where i now have a much more professional logo. I used the logo on the left for the start of my accounts but eventualy Chris Rhodes said he could do a logo for me and after different design variations the final logo design that i will be using is the one you see on the right as the first ink splay with Iffy Ink in will be used as small logos for my work and the text is the initial font style of levibrush found on dafont.com to which i will be using as a white piece of text on a dark blue shade to make the logo stand out.



Front
Back
Once i had the final logo design figured out i was able to begin updating my accounts but Chris had helped me once again by producing my business cards as you can see on the left and right. I decided to not just narrow my speacilty area to just concept art as this final major project has really made me more confident towards carrying on with 3D modelling so i added tht to the business card, along with my website, email and Twitter links as most of the information will be on the website there wasn't much of a need for overflowing the business card with many of my links.

Twitter Page
Facebook Page
Youtube Page

Official Website
Then i started to update my social accounts such as Facebook, Youtube and Twitter by applying the colour that covers all of my work and not accounts to be made aware that these are my accounts as well as adding the logo. Then i purchased a website which was around £8 for two years for the domain of iffyink.co.uk and once that was online i used my blog to become the layout of the website for now and so this also enabled me to have a blog similar to how professional concept artists have along with an official website but this way i wouldn't have to upgrade two sites until i make my website separate. Through my website i was able to link my Twitter, Youtube and Facebook so that i have all work to be visible through different social networks which are linked to one area.



Along with all of that Chris was talking to me about doing a showreel to which i said that i had nothing to show as a video for a showreel but Chris then showed me examples of concept art showreels and this was something i never thought was needed but agreed to do. So once again Chris helped to produce my showreel by producing the title sequences and setting the overall video settings and animations up for my work to be displayed in video form:

No comments:

Post a Comment