Monday 26 March 2012

Creative Development Week19: Mike"Daarken" Lim - Way Into the Industry


After previously getting into contact with Mike "Daarken" Lim about giving me feedback with my concept art and getting a quick response from him i tried again with question on how he had gotten into the games industry with his concept art and again i was given a quick response and also having asked a couple of concept artists for feedback and getting into the industry i have to say there quick replies are good to know as this allows me contact with professionals who are in the industry, here is the response:

Ifraz,



The way I got into the game industry is that I have a strong online presence and a website. All of my work has been from either word of mouth or from people finding my website. I haven't actually had to go and apply at any companies, they always just call me for work. You can try sending your portfolio to different companies. Look at sites like gamasutra.com for job openings and just apply. Be sure you have a strong portfolio together and that it is tailored to the company you are applying to. The only way you will improve is through practice. I hope that helps.


Mike "Daarken" Lim
www.daarken.com


For more of Mike "Daarken" Lim work visit http://daarken.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment